Skip to content


February 2, 2008

Project Spectrum begain yesterday and I’m already well into it. I began by organizing all my extra balls of yarn (from finished projects) into different boxes according to the Element colors. I’m not sure what I’ll be doing with them yet, but I may figure something out.

The other day I found 7″ zippers and began making little pouches. I had a fat quarter of this awesome Zazu fabric. This one fits in with the Fire element since no one can seem to agree if it’s pink or red. (There are more, as always, on Flickr.)

(Minou’s ass was casting a shadow)

I began my socks a bit early. I’m hoping to eek out two pairs since my mother has some socks in waiting. This way I can mail her them in April, along with some coffee I’m sure to pick up on my trip to Toronto at the end of March for the Knitty Yarn Roundtable I’m going to.

Lastly, I did a little dying and spinning yesterday in Fire colors. The top two skeins of alpaca were dyed a while ago, but the botton skein and the silk handspun (spun from a silk hankie I bought in Vancouver) were made yesterday.

from a silk hankie

So far, things are going well.

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: