Skip to content


November 23, 2009

Wow. This post is such a long time coming.

I made this hat back in May, but when I blocked it I decided that I didn’t like the shape of it, so I stuffed it in a bag for a few months and took it out every so ofter to rework the shape of the top. Finally, I got it the way I wanted it. I guess it was really no rush, since I couldn’t wear it all summer anyway.

The pattern is very loosely based on some of the wide band, button flap hats on Ravelry. Since I had a lot of buttons and some Pigeonroof handspun to match I figured it could would make a nice weekend project, which it did. The handspun is in the Calla colorway and I bought it ages ago and spun it into a quick navajo ply about a year ago.

I wore the hat out for the first time today and it was warm and toasty.

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: